Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Sultan decided to write in Polish

I decided to write on this blog in polish for a number of reasons.

Primarily, I see an overwhelming need of raising awareness about the Israeli-Arab conflict in Poland, where people have a long history of co-existence with Jewish people. Jews have lived on Polish land for centuries, but many native inhabitanbts of Lodz e.g., where their population was particularily large (before the II World War it amounted to 30%) don't know much about the descendants of that community. They were the Eastern European Ashkenazi emigrants to the Promissed Land, who laid fundaments of todays Zionist state of Israel in Palestine. In result of some let’s call it imbalanced perspective, we have an Annual Festival of Four Cultures in Lodz, but absolutely no information about the Palestinian Nakba (a.k.a. Catastrophy). Basically, there is a constant flow of information about the Holocaust and suffering of Jewish people, but a complete lack of sufficient and unbiased news about the reality in the Occupied Palestine. I wonder how many of my brothers and sisters in Lodz would be able to answer what was the Nakba...The tragedy directly related to the Holocaust. The tragedy which was a direct result of the Holocaust of the Jewish people in Europe...

I will try to write the same stories in English, whenever the time allows me to double the work. I hope it will have a desired effect. I hope everyone to look at the presented here issues wityh a critical eye. I will leave the critics of the Arab Muslims for the large public media and concentrate on the other side of the coin. 

No comments: